Monday, May 18, 2015

Insights Into Me - The Road to a Paradigm Shift - May 17, 2015


I was talking with a friend about an entirely different topic and the book " The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" came up. I had read it about 10 years ago and truthfully, it wasn't life changing at all for me
at the time. My head/mind/heart wasn't into it. 

Fast forward to May 17th, 2015.  This book was going to become a door that needed to be opened, corners that need to be explored, and some dusting was probably going to be happening in the rafters. And I'm not talking about a Swiffer. I mean some serious cobweb removal!  Except I had no idea any of that was lingering in the pages of this book. Now that I think about it , I am pretty sure my friend was silently laughing at my innocence of taking on the task of reading it in 6 weeks. Because he knows I don't just read... I digest, devour, dissect, inquire, tear apart, unearth...


Because I know my own struggle in keeping my commitments, I said, as if it was no big deal, " Give me a deadline. "   I thrive on deadlines. The procrastinator in my knows just how much time it will take me before I am in panic mode to finish the book.  Fortunately, he gave me June 30th as a finish date.  That is quite literally an eternity in a procrastinator's life ! 

And so on Sunday, May 17th I read my first 51 pages. It was like I couldn't get enough. There was so much that was resonating with me. Honestly, there was a voice inside my head that said, " Are you sure this is the same book you read 10 years ago ?" I had highlighted key words, made notes of important stories and really took note of the "aha" moments that happened in my first night of reading.

It became clear that as I learned more about Character Ethic and Personality Ethics, I could see where my path had lead. I could see that quite possibly my weight and all the ups and downs I have had with that could be buried in all of this. The story that lingers in my head about not being financially stable, about not having enough, lack of abundance. Yeah.. all those creatures came out for a moment into the light. And I realized that next 6 weeks were going to be work. 

I put my highlighter away and closed my book. 

And I wrote in my Impressions book: I am curious and afraid to open Pandora's box. For today, that says it all. 




No comments:

Post a Comment